My Spanish friend, who’s got the recipe from his German friend, taught me to cook Stuffed Paprika (bell pepper) last week. I couldn’t remember when was the last time I eat stuffed paprika, maybe never (!), so I found that this food is amazing! 😆
I tried to remember all the ingredients and made my own meal today. Maybe it’s quite different from his recipe, but the end result is amazing. So I don’t care x)
This recipe is enough for two. Perfect for romantic Christmas dinner. (yea, right!)
- 2 big red paprika (bell pepper). Find the equal size and ones that can stand perfectly 😛
- 250 g of ground meat (I used beef)
- 100 g of shredded mozzarella
- 150 g of crushed tomato
- 1.5 liter of water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 block of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of Hungarian paprika powder (or normal paprika powder)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- I used powder of: pepper, parsley and basil
How to cook:
- Cut red onion to small pieces and crush the garlic. Combine all with ground meat. Add salt.
- Open up the top of the paprika and remove seeds.
- Stuff the meat inside the paprika. Put shredded mozzarella on top of the meat and put the chopped paprika tops.
- Boil water. Better use the small pot that fit two paprika inside, so you won’t have a lot of excess water later.
- Put to the water: crushed tomato, hungarian paprika powder, pinch of pepper + parsley + basil, sugar, vegetable stock. Let it boiled for a while. You can always taste and add more spices based on your preference 😉
- Put the stuffed paprika inside the boiling sauce. Put the lid of the pot and let it rest for half an hour with medium heat.
And then, you can eat with rice or pasta. Enjoy! *nomnomnom*